Written by Chelsa MacKay
- Sleep on a satin or silk pillowcase. This may reduce bed head, split ends, and helps hair retain moisture
- Use a humidifier when you sleep, to help your hair trap moisture and fight static.
- Air dry once in a while!
- Avoid the hottest setting on the dryer.
- You should only be shampooing 3 times a week, less often if your hair is dry. If you NEED to do something, rinse the scalp with water and condition the ends only.
TAME THE MANE
- Squeeze-dry hair: use a paper towel to wring water from your hair to prevent frizz.
- Pull your hair into a ponytail and drench it with coconut oil. Wrap it in a plastic baggy overnight and wash in the morning for smooth, tame hair.
- For a better hold, spray bobby pins with hairspray or dry shampoo before putting them in your hair.
- Brush your hair before showering to prevent tangles and clogged drains.
- Use a dryer sheet to reduce static. Run the sheet on your brushes and combs, and your especially stubborn hairs.
- Hold the hair dryer 6-8 inches away from hair. Point airflow down on the hair shaft to prevent frizz.
The following two tabs change content below.
Healthy Magazine is staffed by a team of journalists and health experts who have a goal of presenting you will useful information that you actually want to read.
Latest posts by Healthy Staff (see all)
- Top Ways to Not Have the Worst 4th of July - July 1, 2017
- 30 Ways to Make This Summer Different Than All the Others - June 1, 2017
- Staying Healthy During Summer Vacation - June 1, 2017