Squash Special Smoothie
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice 125 mL
- 1 cup cooked squash or sweet potato 250 mL
- 1⁄4 cup chopped apricots 50 mL
- 1⁄4 tsp ground turmeric 1 mL
- 1⁄4 tsp cayenne pepper 1 mL
- Pinch ground cumin
1.In a blender, combine apple juice, squash, apricots, turmeric, cayenne and cumin. Secure lid and blend (from low to high if using a variable speed blender) until smooth.
Serves 2 or 3
Squash for Baby
- Cut squash in half
- Place cut squash side-by-side, cut side down in a baking dish, the dish filled with about half an inch of water.
- Bake at 350 degrees, until the flesh is soft when pierced with a knife.
- Scoop out flesh, puree. Mash with fork if flesh is soft enough.
- With leftover squash, freeze it into cubes with an ice cube tray. Put frozen cubes in a freezer bag, and use as needed.
The following two tabs change content below.
Healthy Magazine is staffed by a team of journalists and health experts who have a goal of presenting you will useful information that you actually want to read.